Engineering manager (f/m/x)
We are currently looking for a full-time Engineering Manager (f/m/x) to strengthen our team. Someone who can create an environment where engineers can do their best work. We strongly believe that having a people-centred approach is key to a high-performing team.
Madewithlove is a remote company from Belgium that helps start- and scale-ups in the tech ecosystem grow. Next to developing high-quality applications, we also shape our clients' teams and the way they work. At madewithlove, you will work on diverse projects for Belgian and international clients, in and with hybrid teams.
Go and explore our website to have a look at who we already worked for and with what kind of beautiful and talented people you will be working alongside. Read all about our company culture and what you get in return for all your hard work!
What will you be doing?
- You lead engineering teams to deliver high-quality software. You will actively work with your teams to reduce cycle time and run a smooth operation.
- You collaborate with other departments to optimize the interaction with the engineering team, increase predictability, and actively manage expectations.
- You help the product team create a realistic roadmap based on the capacity and capability of your engineering teams.
- You participate in hiring and onboarding engineers.
- You have regular 1-1s with your team members to:
- share feedback
- follow up on their growth
- support them in challenging situations
- get to know them well to anticipate future developments
- share organisational context
- You optimise processes to help the team.
! Don't hesitate to apply if you don't fulfil 100% of the requirements. Superheroes don't exist. People with passion and talent do!
- You protect our company values in and outside the company walls and you politely speak out when they are not followed. You embrace diversity, inclusivity and (e)quality.
- You like working in the startup scene and have a passion for SaaS. You don't mind going the extra mile if needed and managing your own time in a flexible environment.
- Although you can work independently and efficiently, you like to work in a team environment. You make sure that everybody in your team feels safe to give their opinion and you value every team member's input. Once a group decision is made, you act as a team member and help achieve the goals.
- You do what you promise and you take ownership of tasks. You always try to go for the best quality possible with respect to timing and budget. You understand the why of decisions and you suggest improvements when you see an opportunity.
- You always aim for quality so you actively and consistently strive to expand your knowledge. You like sharing your knowledge with colleagues and the world through different channels (blogging, presentations, group discussions, etc.). You are able to give others honest, constructive and actionable feedback. Credit is assigned accurately and generously.
- You can communicate clearly, also in writing, taking into account who your audience is. You are always honest, sometimes brutally so, but you are aware of the situation and always stay polite. You know which is the right channel for each message or question. You document everything and in such a way that everybody can understand what is happening and why.
- You are a servant leader.
- You understand how software is built and runs in production.
- You can help people become better leaders in any role.
- You have a great understanding of agile and agile frameworks and can tailor them to the needs of the team and organization.
- There is no need to be a polyglot, but English is the working language within the company so we expect a working proficiency.
- You have a background as a software engineer.
- You have great project management skills.
- You have something valuable to add when discussing the product, UX and/or UI.
You live and work in the range of time zones UTC-05:00 and UTC+03:00. Since we already have people working in these time zones, stretching it further would make working together no longer efficient, in our opinion. If you are not a Belgian citizen, you will always be hired as an independent subcontractor.
What will you be offered?
Varied projects in a(n) (inter)national context where you can make a tremendous impact.
Remuneration in accordance with the startup market.
Flexible working conditions tailored to your personal life, giving you a real work-life balance.
Twenty-five paid holidays on top of all Belgian national holidays.
A yearly company retreat (if Corona leaves us alone).
Last but not least: the strengths of a good mix
We specifically encourage underrepresented groups to apply. We believe in the strengths of well-balanced and mixed teams. We hope our applications will attract a broader audience regarding gender, religion, race, age, disability, linguistic differences, socioeconomic status, or sexual orientation. Read more about our efforts towards a more inclusive and diverse environment.